Today we will see a comparison between two Indigo Rose products: Autoplay Media Studio and Autorun MAX, most of us know or use AMS (Autoplay Media Studio) but don't know that Indigo Rose lunch a new software "THE AUTORUN MAX" and this article will help you to choose the better one for you .
First we will compare Autorun MAX Home and Business editions
Now, Let's see the difference between Autorun MAX Business edition and AMS
- You can't change executable version information in Autorun MAX, but in AMS you can
I can change executable version information in Autoplay Media Studio, and I LOVE it !
- With Autorun MAX home edition, you can make 100 page in a project, in the Business edition you can make 250, but with Autoplay Media Studio you can make until 2500 page. Maybe no one care about this option, can anyone build a project of 90 page at least ?
- In Autorun MAX you don't have neither Project Explorer panel nor Object browser
Project Explorer Panel (Screenshot form YouTube Tuto Helper project)
- You can't hide objects at design time.
- In Autorun MAX, you have one Audio channel but in AMS you have Seven !
- AMS user can make a flash like an intro/startup movie.
- With Autoplay Media Studio you can make your project window resizable, you can add a menu bar but you can't with the AMX.
- Autorun MAX don't have: Flash object, WebObject, Hotspot, object, Input, ListBox, ComboBox, Tree, Progress..
- They don't have any Actions !
- They have just two Project Events (OnStartup and OnShutdown) but in AMS you have : Startup, Shutdown, Size, Menu
- AMS user have 10 Page Events
- In Autorun MAX you have just one Object Event, not like Autoplay Media Studio (AMS)
Why I like AMS
- Because I used to work with AMS, from the 6th version to 8.2
- Because most of tutorials are for AMS not for Autorun MAX -AMS Tutorials
- You can't go away with designing, you must code, and with AMS you have many events & scripting options.
- Because I feel more free on AMS than on Autorun MAX.
- I like Project Explorer window, I like when I organize my projects !